Thursday, July 3, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Being home with my parents for the long weekend is...well, it's a lot of things. It can be comforting, fun, and restful, but also hectic, stressful, and tiring. My parents have always been the inquisitive type, so the time Mom and I spent in the pool was more of a Q & A session for her to catch up on my life! (specifically about RR....) My dad is always a bit more laid back about the questions, he likes to let me tell him what I want him to know on my own, which is essentially everything.


I also get to spend time with my stud of a Little Bro. He works at the same grocery store that I once worked at, and his girlfriend works there as well. Last night the three of us bonded and took a trip to Kiwi, our favorite frozen yogurt place.

My "home base" is in the Royersford area in Pennsylvania. Despite being only 15 minutes from King of Prussia, it's a whole other world out here. We have farms, small towns, and mom & pop restaurants. Frankly, it's one of the things that I love about being home, it's still small town America at it's finest. This time of year especially! There are small fire company fairs everywhere, and they are easily one of my favorite things about the place I live. Sooo much nostalgia going on those rides and eating blue and pink cotton candy!

What are your favorite things about "home"?

-JMB