Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon 2

One of the things that ZD and JD have been asking for is going to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. They have plates, cups, and even little frisbees that have HTTYD2 characters plastered all over them. Finally, I was able to take them to see the movie!



We went to the local Regal Cinema for the 11:15 showing, and had quite a few technical difficulties. Luckily, we were given vouchers for a future movie when we left. 

Now, I'm a little bit wary of movie ratings these days so I made sure to read several reviews online before taking the boys, but none of them prepared me for this: 

IT IS SAD.

There were several times that the boys looked over to me and said that the movie was sad, I don't want to go into details in case I spoil it for anyone. It was a good movie, it followed Hiccup and Toothless again as they proved the positive relationship between humans and dragons. Hiccup's "family" was involved this time around, and there was a lot of team building going on through the duration of the movie. 



Overall, we loved it! It's a little bit long for ZD & JD when they have to stay in a single seat for so long, especially when they need to get up for the bathroom but try to wait because they don't want to miss anything! Remember to ask the little ones (repeatedly) if they need to go. I won't mind when this DVD comes out and they want to watch it over and over, but I could see how some younger ones might not understand what's going on, and if they do they might be saddened/upset by it. 

Enjoy!

-JMB