Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Delaware Children's Museum!

I’ve been putting a lot of thought into my nanny “schedule” as the weeks go by…the boys really start to get restless when the midweek mark comes up! They have asked to go to the Delaware Children’s Museum, so that’s where we headed today. In comparison to the Children’s Museums that I grew up going to in Philadelphia, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!



Every display was interactive and on the kids’ level, which is what you would expect from a children’s museum.  However, the layout of the building was what pleased me the most! The transitions from room to room, and subsequently theme to theme, were very seamless and exciting, making the kids want to explore at their own pace and not “giving away” too much about the room to come.  When you first walk in, there is a large sculpture/climbing structure that the boys LOVE. They easily spent 30-40 minutes here! There was a large kids camp group there, which was a bit of a stumbling block at the DMNH, but with the size of the DCM, it was barely noticeable that they were there at all.

I basically had to tear the boys away from DCM when it came time for lunch, we were still there and quiet time was due to start in the next 45 minutes! Sometimes plans need to be adjusted for that sort of thing, but I like to keep them as close to a schedule in the summer as possible.

More pics!






Be sure to check it out, it would be easy to spend an entire morning or afternoon here with a few kiddos!


-JMB